Friday, October 22, 2010

10/22/10

Well my experience at the Orthopedics center was strange. First off, they made me change into one of those patient-robe things. I put it on backwards. Then they lay me down in a (quite comfortable) rolling bed. It was in that bed that I spent most of my conscious time. Several nurses, anesthesiologists, and orderlies came and spoke to me, all asking practically the same questions. "How did you hurt your wrist?" "Are you allergic to anything?" "Have you eaten anything today?" "Do you take medicine?". The best part was the drugs. In order: IV sedative, relaxation shot, IV anesthesia, anesthesia via breathing mask (I was unconscious for this part), pain shot, and a pain pill. I think  my heart rate slowed to about half the average. It was amazingly relaxing. I woke up, still robed, with an extremely uncomfortable and inconvenient bicep-length cast on. It still hurts, and I'm not exaggerating. It's going to be on for about a week and a half. Then another cast for about 2 weeks. Then a splint-ish thing for about 3 weeks. What a wonderful chapter of my life I've just entered.

No comments:

Post a Comment