Thursday, October 21, 2010

10/21

A narcissistic old man told me today that there is something wrong with my bones. I spent 2 hours in the hospital just to be x-rayed and told I need to go in again tomorrow. The lack of efficiency was comforting, but not inefficient enough. I missed all my fun class and still made it back in time to have to take my Math quiz. For this quiz, I forgot almost all of the prior knowledge I needed, due to what one may refer to as "distractions," namely a broken arm, shifting home life, and emotional instability. Now, my success in school is still important to me, as it is to any other child raised in a country that isn't 3rd-world, communist, or area completely cut off from communication with a country like my own. I believe that if one's entire species is to move on as a whole, they first have to understand, to their fullest extent, their current surroundings. Humanity's comparatively delayed evolution is difficult to hate, seeing as humanity is the furthest evolved of all the races on our planet. Humans have evolved so far, in fact, that we are starting to TRY to appreciate nature more wholesomely, although this is just a product of our own narcissism. What I mean by this is that humanity has come so far on the shoulders of its surroundings that we are trying to "give back," although the goals of such environmentalists are so far-fetched that I don't see any possible success in our attempts to harmonize with the earth. The earth is, in fact, so small that one's own prosperity seems to be the only sensible goal, prosperity being the mental and physical evolution of the human race. But enough about that. The AR test on The Chosen was easy enough, and the end of the book itself was interesting.  We had another of Ms. Willis's silly little discussions in class today, in which all the particiPANTS were shy and dishonest, as per usual. Ivan told me on the bus that he would like to smoke at my house next weekend, and I find that to be a fantastic idea, if I can convince my parents to let me stay home alone. Spirit week (not to be confused with Spirit DAY) is next week, and the only costume I really have planned is for Dynamic Duo day, which is a Danny/Reuven duo with Michael. Spirit week, as in spirits (a play on the activity's Halloween-themed rules) is fun, in a sort of pathetic way. Thinking of Spirit Week, I realized that any class can be practically the best as long as they all unite under one set of ideals. For example, Class of '13 would be excellent if it were known unanimously as the "not giving a fuck" class. Which would be perfect. Or the less-impressive, more realistic "Overly Determined class." Excuse me while I go watch the famous, fucked-up, fourth-wallless, fairy film, Funny Games (American Version). Toodloo

No comments:

Post a Comment