Wednesday, November 10, 2010

11/10/10

I haven't posted on this blog in a while, and I wasn't really planning to post anytime soon. A friend of mine suggested it a couple of days ago, however. Biggest fan. Anyway, biggest news today was report cards. While I am not necessarily proud of my grades this "interim," I don't deem them worthy of punishment like my parents do. A 3.5 is more than acceptable, and a C is average. Not that I condone mediocrity, but being average is hardly a cause for alarm. Heh. Ironically, this reminds me of a story we read in English class having something to do with the media causing high expectations. Now all I have to do is make a choice. (I'm terrible at committing to choices.) Do I go along with my parents wishes and work hard and make good grades and say excuse me when I leave the table or do I rebel? Do I show that their supposed parental instinct and intuition is actually a cause for my lack of work ethic, that their things and objects and crises make it HARDER for me to make of this household what I want, a constant in my oh-so-complicated equation filled with variables? We'll see. I find looking at facebook entertaining when people like "lyric stati" for the sake of looking cool, because they think they know the FUCKING SONG. I mean, I could post a lyric with the exact same meaning as some mainstream pop-song and two minutes later I would have to delete it so as to not seem like a loser. It makes me sick, the lack of justice in modern society. Do you think a person who hears a song and claims to "know" the band deserves credit more than an honest boy? And yes, I am talking about myself. I      
want my bands to have commercial success, but I definitely don't want their purpose diminished down by shallow girls with quick typing hands! I wish I had a job, (money, rather) a distinct goal (without being so close-mindedly brainwashed as the kids that put "success" on such a high pedestal), and just a little more control over a little bigger chunk of the universe. Not too much to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment